View Single Post
Old 12-26-13, 01:09 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Former Spur singled out for poor play

There was frustration in the Knicks’ locker room after the 123-94 Christmas Day loss to Oklahoma City. None more than from Beno Udrih, the third-string point guard who now has been forced into the starting role after injuries to Raymond Felton (groin) and Pablo Prigioni. Udrih has been singled out for poor play on several occasions by Mike Woodson in the press and appears to have had enough. “It’s easy to point fingers when the team loses. But it comes down to we are a team, we lose together,” Udrih said. “No matter who makes a mistake or who doesn’t, it’s still a team loss. So I think all of this stuff should be kept out of the media and not call certain people out.”

Point guard Beno Udrih was defensive over recent criticism of his play, stemming from last week’s last-second loss to the Wizards in which Bradley Beal slipped by him for a go-ahead layup. “I’ve been playing this sport professionally for 16 years, different leagues and here, this is my 10th year,” Udrih said. “Usually, I was a guy that somehow made the right play at the end of the games or stuff like that. I’ve always been pretty good with not turning over the ball and this year, it’s totally different. I don’t know what happened that summer. I don’t think I forgot [how] to play basketball, so there’s a lot of factors.”

Mike Woodson's criticism starting to bother Knicks PG Beno Udrih - NY Daily News