View Single Post
Old 11-25-13, 01:58 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

That's Why I'm a Spurs Fan

Me and my brother have a saying that we use from time to time when our other Texas teams let us down. "That's why I'm a Spurs Fan". The Spurs don't win the championship every year, but I always know they will be competing for it, and at the end of the day I can feel confident that they are doing things the right way. The Aggies, Cowboys and Rangers have left a bad taste in my mouth the last 18 years, but there are my beloved Spurs always right where I expect them to be.

I had a friend at work come up to me today and ask me if I had seen the news about Kobe's 2 year $48 Million contract extension. He was so excited that the Lakers were going to make him the highest paid player yet again. I looked at him and said, "thats why I'm a Spurs fan". Because I distinctly remember Tim Duncan facing a similar situation as Kobe last summer. His decision to take less money is why the Spurs are 12-1 with Duncan struggling, and the Lakers are 7-7 without Kobe.

I just thought I'd share, because people seem to be glorifying a victory for Kobe, when in reality it means he will be on a mediocre team until he retires.