View Single Post
Old 11-07-13, 12:59 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Cousins Takes One For The Team

He took it right in the junk!

Dennis Schroder of Atlanta Hawks suspended one game - ESPN

Atlanta Hawks rookie guard Dennis Schroder has been suspended one game for striking DeMarcus Cousins of the Sacramento Kings in the groin, the NBA announced Thursday.
The incident occurred early in the fourth quarter of Atlanta's 105-100 win Tuesday night as Schroder attempted to fight through a screen set by Cousins. No foul was called on the play.
Cousins took issue with the officials, suggesting he is being singled out by referees based on past on-court behavior that has led to multiple suspensions by the NBA and the Kings.
"I took a cheap shot to my lower area," Cousins told reporters after the game. "They [the refs] just blew it off. I guess because it was me. But as soon as something happens on the other end, because it's me, they run to the camera."
Later in the fourth quarter, Cousins was assessed a flagrant foul for shoving Al Horford. That call was downgraded to a personal foul, but Kings coach Mike Malone did wind up pulling Cousins from the game midway through the fourth quarter.
Schroder, the 17th pick in June's NBA draft, will miss Thursday night's game against the Denver Nuggets.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.