5 things to watch: Spurs vs. Blazers
By Jeff Garcia
Link: 5 things to watch: Spurs vs. Blazers
The San Antonio Spurs (2-0) will visit the Portland Trail Blazers (1-1) tonight in the second of a back-to-back for the Spurs.
The Spurs are coming off a 91-85 win against the Lakers in L.A. Tony Parker led the Spurs with 24 points and assists.
The Blazers are coming off a 113-89 win against the Nuggets. LaMarcus Aldridge led Portland with 25 points.
And as the Spurs get set to take on the Blazers and ruin their home opener, here are five things to watch for in tonight's contest.
• LaMarcus Aldridge averages his highest league-wide career field goal percentage against the Spurs at 55.7 percent over 22 career games.
• Manu Ginobili averaged 15.0 points, 4.7 assists and 3.3 rebounds in three games versus Portland last season.
• Since the beginning of the 2008-09 season, the Blazers are 12-5 against the Spurs in regular season play.
• The Trail Blazers have won their last four home openers.
• Portland held their preseason opponents to an average field goal percentage of 38.4 percent per game.