View Single Post
Old 08-27-13, 09:59 AM
SR Team Goof

Parker Cleared after MRI

Spurs point guard Tony Parker said he’ll be “100 percent” for the upcoming EuroBasket championships after an MRI revealed no significant damage from an undisclosed knee injury suffered Monday during France’s exhibition loss to Spain.

Parker released a comment via the France national team’s Twitter account (translated via Google):

“I am not worried, I’ll be 100 percent for the Euro. I approach the competition with confidence. After the MRI this morning I follow proper care. It does not affect the next game preparation.”

Team director Patrick Beesley also made a statement on Twitter, describing Parker’s second injury to his right knee during tournament run-up as “nothing serious.”

Parker was hurt as some point during Monday’s 85-84 loss to Spain, in which he scored 29 points. It did not appear serious even before the MRI, with no mention by Parker or the media barring a small blurb on the web site of French sports daily L’Equipe. There was no indication of exactly what the injury was.

EuroBasket 2013 will be held Sept. 4-22 in Slovenia. Spurs training camp begins Oct. 1.

lINK TO STORY: Spurs Nation » Parker cleared after MRI