View Single Post
Old 08-09-13, 06:35 PM
SR Team Goof

76ers offer head-coaching job to Brett Brown

Finally, the NBA might actually have 30 active head coaches soon. Or soonish. Or maybe not soon at all.But at least we’re progressing.The 76ers – the last team to hire a head coach – have taken another step, though they’re still moving at a snail’s pace.

More than a week after a report the 76ers favored Spurs assistant Brett Brown, they’ve advanced with him.Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Philadelphia has offered its head coaching job to Spurs assistant Brett Brown and the sides are discussing contract, league sources tell Y!

At this rate, Philadelphia will hire Brown in another week or two, but now, I’d be surprised if a deal is not reached.

Brown has never been an NBA head coach before (though he held the top job in the Australian National Basketball League), and although he’s in line to become the Spurs’ lead assistant now that Mike Budenholzer has left for the Hawks, this would be a difficult chance to pass up for Brown. It’s tough to see terms of the contract outweighing the potentially once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

At this point, Gregg Popovich must be working hard to revamp a coaching staff that has consistently been among the NBA’s best.

Link: Report: 76ers offer head-coaching job to Brett Brown | ProBasketballTalk
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton