View Single Post
Old 07-27-13, 06:49 AM
SR Team Goof

Hold on to your hat -- Dennis Rodman wrote a children's book

Dennis Rodman wrote a children’s book about a wild bull named Dennis

By Nate Scott

It isn’t called The Worm for some reason.

Dennis Rodman has written a book. And no, it’s not a sequel to the seminal 1997 best-seller Bad As I Wanna Be, which is currently on-sale used at Amazon for $0.01, but a kids book. For children. Young people.

Dennis Rodman @dennisrodman
Autographed copies of my children's book. Limited quantities available. http://ow.ly/nkg9f

To use an old joke, I think there are probably fewer unsigned copies of Rodman’s book than signed copies, but so it goes.

Now I know that when we all think of Dennis Rodman, our first thought is: “children’s role model,” so this book makes total sense. It’s called Dennis – The Wild Bull. It’s about a wild bull named Dennis.

Here’s the cover art:

Here’s a description from Rodman’s website.
Former NBA Star and 2011 Basketball Hall of Fame Inductee Dennis Rodman knows what it means to work hard. Living in the spotlight isn’t easy for anyone, especially when everything you do winds up in newspapers and on T.V. After going through his latest divorce and having to spend time away from his children as a result, Dennis has now done something many people never thought would ever happen. He’s written a children’s book which he’s dedicating to his children, with the intent to relay a positive message to our countries (sic) youth and to his own children.
While the web introduction to the book doesn’t actually have any information about the book itself, or any characters in the book, or plot, or anything really at all except stuff about Dennis Rodman’s personal life, the book appears to be about a red bull named Dennis. Dennis played for the Bulls, so, you know, double meaning there. As for why the bull’s head is on fire, I don’t know. I just don’t know.

Also, it does sort of look like Ferdinand the Bull, which was my favorite kids book growing up, so if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go weep now that my favorite childhood book will forever remind me of Dennis Rodman in head-on-fire bull form.

If you go to the link for the rest of the story, you'll get a gander at our Hall of Famer enjoying himself at a fashion show. --- alh1020

Link to story: Dennis Rodman wrote a children’s book about a wild bull named Dennis | For The Win