Thread: Greg Oden
View Single Post
Old 07-23-13, 03:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
It would appear that he is the odd man out with the wizards drafting otto porter and re-signing Martell Webster, not to mention they still have Chris Singleton. I think Neil and belayer would both be good for them and that could potentially get us to the salary level we would need to make a deal for Ariza work.
With the news of renouncing Neal, I still hope the FO can get something for him. As much as I'd love to have Ariza, if we dont make it happen we still have the rook D Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I feel your dilemma and agree with your assessment of both. But if I had to choose, I'd probably go with Oden because we can use another big who can be used as an intimidator now defensively and brought along slowly offensively. Whereas, Miller can be signed by another team (hopefully not OKC) and won't be returning to Miami for any repeat performances.
I'd go with Oden hands down. No question about it! Miller can go anywhere he wants, but he wont be getting the wide open shots he was getting with MIA anywhere else. Now if Neal were to go to a rival like OKC or MIA then I can see a reason to worry. If that were to happen I woud NOT cry because he's as good as a shooter as bad as he is at defending. Thats not to make a joke of him, but I've been harping on his defense or lack thereof, since his first season with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Aggrey Sam: Heard Duncan has some bigs coming through for an informal camp. Hibbert shouldn't have spoke on it, now others get the knowledge. Twitter @CSNBullsInsider

I gotta wonder if TD has extended an invite to Oden to his summer workout sessions, let's say as a 'peace offering' and hopefully as a 'welcome to the Spurs' gesture. Hibbert has already stated in a tweet that he intends to join TD again for their workouts.
Interesting way to look at it. I'm hopeful that at least Timmay reached out to ODEN. If he took the initiative, I think Oden will be here for training camp.

- Confucius