View Single Post
Old 07-22-13, 05:22 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
i love speculation as much as the next guy, but to think that the Spurs would get rid of Diaw and or Bonner because they sign Oden (which I still predict ain't gonna happen) makes no sense at all........
During these trying times of free agency and the season of pick and choose, that’s about all we can do – speculate, because we all know that neither Pop nor RC will tell us a damn thing about their intentions. They play their cards too close to the vest and when they do announce an acquisition, it’s usually someone we least expect to be the new Spur. And I have to agree with you, the more I read articles on sports websites, the more I think Oden will probably fly right over SA and sign with Miami. But I still think the Spurs feel they might have an outside chance, at least.

To tell you the truth, I like both Diaw and Bonner but I keep remembering something RC constantly says in interviews, and I’ll paraphrase, if we can find someone who fits the Spurs prerequisites and can improve the team, we’ll try to acquire them. I don’t think the Spurs would cut Diaw or Bonner loose if they did acquire Oden, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a player out there that fits the Spurs FO mold and it might take either Bonner and/or Diaw to fill in our side of the trade.

I thought Dwight Howard would create a lot of drama and draw out his decision for a long period but his quick decision of Houston surprised me. On the other hand, Oden and his people are playing this for what it’s worth. I think we should employ a 24-hour clock and speed up the game.