View Single Post
Old 07-20-13, 10:31 PM
Been here too long to be a Spursreport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Well McGrady was on the roster too and I scored as many points in the playoffs as he did. He was an active player too. If you did your research or had a good memory the Spurs already won a title with Bonner technically. Bonner has a ring from 07' but what was his role on that playoff run? Just being on the roster doesn't mean that much to me or most of the others on here. That's like saying the reason the Heat won back to back titles was because Juwan Howard was on their roster. It's bull.
Okay will, the comment was made that the spurs will never win ANOTHER championship with bonner on the team, I'm aware he has a ring. Apparently I have to spell this out for you. My point was, they came very close to winning again this year with bonner ON THE ROSTER. That was my point, not that he was the reason we got there or the highest scoring player on the team.

Again, just so you are clear and you don't have to go to great lengths to prove me wrong, my point was they came very close in 2013 to winning a championship with bonner on the roster. I never said anything about him not having a ring or averaging a bunch of points per game, you must have pulled those retorts out of your ass my friend.