View Single Post
Old 07-05-13, 07:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
There's nothing in his current game that indicates he could improve on any of the things talked about. You can't just add athleticism to his game. That's why he gets blocked. He can't out jump anyone, he can't be quicker than the other defender. If he added pounds he would be even slower. He's a finesse player under the basket, and that's not going to change. And as far as getting a midrange jumper, can you imagine him trying to pop a shot off the pick and roll? It's just not his game. You guys are talking about a complete 180 of someone's game and it's not going to happen. When Tony and Tim improved on themselves, it was with things that they were already doing and just needed to fine tune it.

Splitter, meet ceiling.
I disagree -- he's improved each of the two years he's been with us, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't improve for a third year as well. I don't think he'll make as big a step forward between years 2 and 3 that he made between 1 and 2, but I think he'll evolve from a 10/6 guy to a 15/8 guy, which is all we really need him to do. I understand what you're saying about the individual skills, but I don't think what he brings to the table can be summarized by his individual skills.