View Single Post
Old 06-27-13, 02:18 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
But you lost me with the quoted paragraph. Did you REALLY mention Scola as someone who could play solid weak side defense? The only defense he can play is matador. But he's pretty solid at that. And you even implied above the rim? Does he get a ladder?

Asik will be available if HOU can sign Howard. I doubt SA would be able to offer the best package, though.

Kamen is the only free agent. I would guess that the price for the others might also be higher than the Spurs would pay.
Good catch on the Scola suggestion. LOL. I listed him because of his rebounding, craftiness around the rim, and high bball IQ. I definitely did not list him for his weak side D. I totally agree with you about his only hope to play above the rim would require a ladder.

Asik would really depend on what you mentioned - HOU landing Dwight. Absorbing Asik's contract would hurt though since it has a weird structure. He makes 5.2 in 2013/14 and then it jumps to 14.8 in 2014/15! I think we all take a pass on that.

Kaman is a free agent and his contract last year was for 8 mill. Seems to be in our price range. Dallas is also interested in landing Dwight. It will be interesting to see how things shake out.

My feeling is that the front office wants to remain as in tact as possible, but if they decide to address the concerns I talked about, I think the Spurs will be a much better team. We'll see what happens starting with tonight.