View Single Post
Old 06-22-13, 11:56 AM
There is only 1 Ginobili!

A Backup Guard who has triple threat skills so much that the Spurs don't have to over rely on Manu or change their offensive sets because of limited skill set. I give you UFA Shaun Livingston:

Quote:
Livingston, who has a 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) wingspan,[4] is tall for point guard standards (6 ft 7 in (2.01 m))
Quote:
In 43 games with the Cavaliers, Livingston is averaging 7.4 points, 3.5 assists, and shooting 50 percent from the field. He knows his limits. He doesn’t attempt 3-pointers (just one this year). He uses his length to back down smaller defenders and he uses his reach to score layups.

The summer will decide whether Livingston is making more than a temporary stop in Cleveland. He has gained the confidence of his coach, Byron Scott, who has worked him into the team’s regular rotation.

“I think in the right situation, the one thing with Shaun, you don’t want him to have to play heavy, heavy minutes,” Scott said. “He would be great with us, next year coming off the bench at that 15-minute mark. I think he could play four, five, six more years in this league. He’s one of those guys that does a little bit of everything for you.

“When we first got him, all the negative things that you heard was he can’t defend. He can’t do this. He can’t do that. But what he can do is he can help lead a team. He can run an offense. He’s got unbelievable size at the point guard position. He can play three different positions and a lot of stuff that they said he couldn’t do, I found out that he could do.

“I love the fact that when a guy comes away from the injury like he had, and to be able to come back and participate in this league and play at a high level, that shows a lot about what he’s all about, a lot about his character and a lot about his heart.”

Livingston says he’s at peace. He always will be identified first with his injury and then his comeback. He realizes that stardom likely will never come, but good health has.

“I’m about as close to 100 percent as I am going to be,” he said. “And I’m good with that.”