View Single Post
Old 06-21-13, 01:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
You're pretty much going status quo from you here and it won't work. The big three will be older. Splitter was a bit player in the Finals he doesn't deserve big money. Neal will want more than 1 million per sorry. If the give up all your FA money on your own it won't make them better. It's a talent issue. Millsap is better than Splitter. I'm tired of the players who do good on teams but get dinged because the team's record. Did Zach Randolph suck on the Clippers? Nope. TMAC on the Magic or Rockets? Nope. They didn't have help. What did David Robinson do before Duncan? He never got to the Finals because the Spurs were the discount team. Robinson was a great player but most if the time they blew in the playoffs and didn't always have long playoff runs. But he had no help. They will have either make a big draft move Kawhi style or go after a big fish on the FA market. If they go in thinking we were 20 seconds away with what they got.......they won't ever get back there with that mentality. They need to invest in the draft and clear cap space(Bonner).
Are you seriously comparing scrubs like milsap and Randolph to Robinson? Robinson was a perennial MVP candidate, first team all-nba on offense and defense as well as a great human being. And what has milsap done? Oh that's right he made the Rookie 2nd team.

Again I haven't watched milsap but stat wise he and tiago are comperable. The big difference is is that milsap will cost us several million more per year. I would be interested if milsap would come at a discount but I imagine he will command close to the max. If all things are equal you pay the guys that brought you here.