View Single Post
Old 06-19-13, 02:38 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
U r right. I'm wrong. I've never met greater fans and supporters than you guys
May be I don't like unjust stuff and I don't put up with that in real life either.
As a fan of the gm I've come to realize that most that happens on a game and with a player has to do with the coach's game plan.
Pop took a gamble establishing TD early with all those plays. He expected Tony and Manu and Green to be highly contained. Unluckily it backfired.
Again Miami trapped the handler. Manu had many TOs becoz of that,; he tried to pass. TP had lesser TOs coz he didn't lose the dribble but on the other hand, didn't pass much. Spent most of the time dribbling around the 3 pt line and hardly ever penetrated or created for others.
Problem with the strategy: our 3 pt shooters need rhythm. That's how Green and Neal were so ineffective.
Manu might have lost a step or all of them. If he needs to retire I don't care. He has already retired from the NT. There was no one here accusing him of cheating on us. He made a decision. We respected that and he will always be loved here. We don't change our minds even though he hasn't been as great as we were used to in the last Intl tournies. But again, our NT plays team ball first in the games, minds and souls.
No player loses by himself.
Keep blaming Manu. You remind me to those who lose a pet carelessly with no ID tag and blame it for running away and call it traitor.
You're not wrong for being a fan of Manu and only Manu, but people are calling it blind admiration for a reason. No one made Manu make bad passes or miss shots. The coach doesn't have Manu connected to an Xbox controller and playing him on the sidelines. And the Miami defense has made a point to shut down the penetration lanes and to shut down Danny Green. There were open shots that were missed. That's not on the coaching either. I'm not placing full blame on Manu, because the Spurs needed to make some shots, but if he just commits 2 or 3 less turnovers, that would have helped them win. They just needed him to be -18 instead of -22 when he was on the court. And no one expected such a dramatic drop in play after game 5, well, some of us did.