View Single Post
Old 06-12-13, 03:32 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
I think that's not correct

I've found the following link and Tony would be out for 3 weeks if it was even a Grade 1 hamstrring strain.

Hamstring Injury (Hamstring Muscle Strain) in Depth - Hip & Thigh - PhysioRoom.com

As far as I understood hamstring stretch(which is Parker's case) is much less serious thing than hamstring strain.
Link

SAN ANTONIO -- Tony Parker, along with all of San Antonio, really, spent a restless night worrying about a gimpy right hamstring that hampered him in Game 3 of the NBA Finals and threatened the momentum the Spurs seized with a drubbing of the Miami Heat.

A day later, Parker said he got some good news. Just how good the news is likely won't be known until Game 4 begins on Thursday night.

No Parker, No Problem?
While it's true San Antonio was significantly better with Parker on the floor in the regular season, the Spurs were 11-5 in games the MVP candidate missed. So far in the playoffs, they have fared far better with Parker on the sidelines.

2012-13 On Off Diff.
Season +10.5 +2.5 +8.0*
Playoffs +7.4 +18.0 -10.6
*second-best mark of his career
Parker had an MRI on Wednesday that revealed a Grade 1 strain of his hamstring, the mildest level of strain. He's listed as day to day.

"I was just hoping it was not a tear," Parker said. "The good news is it's not a tear or a defect. So that's the good news. Now I just have to see how I feel tomorrow."