Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
Plays in LA, played HS ball in Philly and endorsed by Steven A Smith
Philly booed Kobe though, they don't even like the guy

The playing in LA part though, fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
If you can play, you can play!! White, Black or otherwise. The same article could be written taking the stance that if Manu didn't play in a predominantly Hispanic/Latino city, he wouldn't be nearly as revered either.

Same argument!!
I am in VA and people love Manu! I have know alot of hispanics though here say it helps them like him because of what he is and where he is from (And no not argies). To me it helps him just as much as it hurts him that he is not black! It has sure benefited him here and other places I know of. Manu always usually got his props too, people love to see him play be it whatever color and he was always entertaining to watch.

I won't get into color or this or that on this one because so much could be said about the article which some disagree or agree with! I only care about his play and what he has done here and what he can do now besides getting into a this or that debate. It helps him and goes against him I guess, but it has helped him more IMO because basketball is huge worldwide now and players of all races accepted, look at DIRK! Dirk is not hated on for his skin! He is loved for his game.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 06-09-13 at 12:30 AM.