View Single Post
Old 05-23-13, 04:30 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
Considering Mysa's content is from the Express News, which is a newspaper first and foremost, it makes sense to place newspaper content behind a paywall. We pay for newspaper content in physical papers, why not for the same content online? I already have a paper sub so I can access either way, but that content is nowhere near free to produce and ads likely can't support all of it, so stop complaining. I doubt they'll miss the revenue from free content.
If I lived in San Antonio then I might agree with you, but I don't, I don't care about what's going on in the city other than the Spurs (and that's only from Sept-June) and I doubt if there are too many who live outside the area that are willing to pay 2.50 a week to read Buck Harvey and then after the Spurs season is over, there's NO REASON at all to read the sports section.

Get off your high horse about how you already pay for a subscription, good for you. And as far as complaining, hey it's a free country and if you don't like what's written don't read it. And gee, you think they won't miss the revenue from free content, got news for you, EVERY paper that has gone paywall has seen a dramatic drop in traffic and guess what bubba, advertisers pay for eye balls. So yeah, they're going to miss the traffic. Ask ESPN about what happens when viewership drops, so does advertising revenue.