View Single Post
Old 05-23-13, 02:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I think my point of view is going over most heads here. So let them pay 11 million a year for Splitter since some dumb team will give him big bucks. I'm talking about taking into account salary with production to include salary cap hold. I would rather have a VC TYPE of a player.......salary wise............production wise...........salary cap wise................versus MATT BONNER or a Matt Bonner type of player for what he gets paid.
I understood what you're trying to tell and I think you're wrong.

You can prefer to have a Carter type player, but we also have. (Did you check Danny Green's stats and salary)

You can not find that kind of players for each spot in the roster. You can find cheap players i.e. undersized SG like Neal, old swingmen like VC or Grant Hill and unproven PG like Mills and Joseph and they can produce. But when it comes to front-court players, it's not easy to find that kind of player to play cheap.

You can not compare the stat-salary production of a front-court and back-court player. Bonner gets 3M per year and that's normal for a big men who can shoot 3. You can compare his stats and salaries with all the PGs and SGs on the league. But you would waste your time because no one cares about your opinions.