View Single Post
Old 05-13-13, 10:32 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
He IS our finisher. That's what he's asked and needed to do. We dont have anyone else we can put the rock in their hands at the end of the game, and make the D honest. TP if hes on a roll scoring. But he wont create for others. and he hasnt been pur D liability this series. Its been Neal and Parker. It's not like he's a Bonner running around on D not even knowing who he's supposed to rotate too, and can't get there even when he does. He's our only swing player that has a multifaceted game. Can create on his own, and create for others. And if you want reasons we went to overtime, check out game 4 shots by Timmy and Tony at the end of the fourth quarter. At least Manu redeemed himself. I'll give you that he's been injury prone as of late. That certainly comes from his frenetic style.However, he's still got the highest basketball IQ on the team along with Tim. And, he HAS to play more minutes than he should, because who are we going to bring in? Neal? Don't think so. TMac? Please. Bonner? Well he's a year away from being captain of the New Hampshire church league team. And probably a year late being just that. Manu can go 6-17 like Tony just did, but still be our key player. Again, look around at our team. We are in the Western conference semis, with 2 out of 3 left at home. And Manu is our ONLY 2-3 that can put the ball on the floor and create. Most teams left have 2,3 or 4 of those type of players. I will live every playoff game with our sixth man giving us the numbers he just gave us. How about our 2 All Stars stepping up? Or our young 'future' star?
One of our other role players needs to step up, two preferably! It is that simple. This is why we go on those long droughts I mention, O too preditable, ISO starts and they miss their shots! It is as if teams know aht they are going to do, it is probably true since they have done it so long but we had the players then (And youth of our stars) to make it work. We need more than Manu just to step up I agree! Manu is doing alright sides some ill advised pass and some silly TO's, other than that I agree he is doing what he can as a 6th man.

What I miss though is his driving to the rack! He used to be able to do that and draw a foul and get to the line and bury two for us when we needed it ! This jump shooting Manu can't do that anymore. It is not his fault as age hits, but honestly I miss that part of his game the most as it was automatic down the stretch in key games. If we had 75% of that Manu now we win that last game down the stretch. We need Neal or someone else to step up though and hit some shots, no doubt some of our role guys dissapear at the worst damn times.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.