View Single Post
Old 05-13-13, 01:54 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
Manu pretty much carried them the first half. He did also hit a big 3 and a driving layup in the fourth. We had more issues with Timmy missing shot after shot in the fourth, whe we went four down. It wouldn't hurt to have Neal hit a jumper or 2, especially to make up for his lack of D, or have KY hit and outside shot. I like what Leonard is giving us, but he is starting to look hesitant on his shot. Our problem isn't Manu. It's exactly what happens in the playoffs. The teams that win have a role player or 2 step up. Much like Barnes and Landry did for the Warriors. Guys like Battier and Chalmers have for the Heat. Or A Tony Allen for the Grizz. It's the difference between a W and an L. We can live with exactly what Manu gave us. If Tony and Tim would have played well, we would have put this a way early. By the way, the Warriors startegy in the fourth was much the same. Put the ball in Jack's hands, and let him go one on one. The big Thompson shot in the fourth was also an iso play. Thats the NBA in a nutshell at the end of games. Sometimes, as Pop says, it just comes down to hitting shots. By the way, anybody else notice Neal is drifting left on his jumpers?
I agree on some of that there, but on the Neal part I don't know because I gave up on thinking his shots would go down a long time ago He just misses everything and is bad on D so he pretty much gets a cringe from me when he is on the court (Jack scored on him three in a row and that did it for me again yesterday). I agree on one or two role guys have to step up, right now not many have done this and that is the reason why we are in a 2-2 tie and not a commanding 3-1 lead. The role players stepping up is also if you want to spin it the reason we are 2-2 instead of DOWN 3-1, Green came through in that game one and we got a W!

I agree role guys are the ones who need to hit a shot down the stretch to even things out, if they can't get contributions from those guys they are in a world of trouble whether they get to the next series or not (Could end if they don't step up here).

Either way I hate the misses down the stretch in winnable games, missed shots to FT's etc., just looks like the Spurs go cold and can't get out of the funk.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.