View Single Post
Old 05-11-13, 02:48 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Tony Parker: 'They always forgot about me anyway'

Tony Parker scored 32 points in the San Antonio Spurs' 102-92 road victory over the Golden State Warriors to take a 2-1 lead in the Western Conference Semifinals. Before the game, nearly all of the media attention had focused on the Warriors' dynamic backcourt of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson, but Tony Parker reminded everyone of his presence.

After the game, Parker was asked about Curry and the other point guards in the NBA getting more attention — heck, Derrick Rose isn't even playing and he's comparatively dominating the news cycle — and Parker gave an answer he's been giving for almost a decade.

"They always forgot about me anyway," Parker said in his postgame press conference. "I play for my teammates, Coach Pop, the Spurs and the city of San Antonio."

Parker was limping in the fourth quarter with a calf injury, and just like Steph Curry, who turned his ankle and is a game-time decision for Sunday afternoon, his status is up in the air. Parker said after the game he "got kicked pretty bad."

Tony Parker: 'They always forgot about me anyway' - SBNation.com