View Single Post
Old 04-25-13, 02:35 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesuspence281 View Post
Even though the spurs have won the last two games, I haven't been feeling like they are playing with the same playoff intensity that I am seeing from many of the other teams. It has seemed to me like it is just another regular season game that they are able to go out, go through the motions and win a game just through the superiority of their talent compared to the what the lakers have left. I feel that if the spurs were firing on all cylinders they would be winning by a larger margin like they were early in the year. Anyone feeling this too or is it just me?
I see where you're coming from. You have to remember that it's the playoffs, everyone should be stepping their game/intensity up to some degree. There has been 16 games played so far and I beleive only 3 real big blowouts (1st Nets game, 1st Mia game, 1st OKC game) the rest of the games have been somewhat close or were close for at least 3 quarters or so. You're not gonna get those huge blowouts on a nightly basis. Espically in the playoffs. Even with a depleted LAL team, they're fighting for their lives so you're gonna get a scrappy team every game.

What I'm seeing is better ball movement, role players stepping up to hit shots and more intensity. Game one, the Spurs played like crap, but their defense saved them. Holding any team to 79 points, reagrardless of your competetion is good. That's only 20 pts per quarter.

The second game, I thought the Lakers actually played very well. Blake/Nash/Howard/Gasol all had their moments, they hit alot of 3's(8) but anytime they really tried to make a push the Spurs understood what they needed to do and they basically had a firm grasp from start to finish. Someone from the Spurs (TP, Cojo, Kawhi. Manu, Bonner) would make a big play and crush all of the Lakers momentum. This is what championship teams do! My point and opinion is that I'm seeing more of what the Spurs did during the first 3 months of the regular season. Of course they're not "firing on all cylinders" just yet. But I beleive they're well on their way!

Last edited by esparzar1; 04-25-13 at 02:38 PM.