View Single Post
Old 04-03-13, 05:29 AM
SR Team Goof

Baylor's Brittney Griner a Dallas 2nd Round Pick??

By Ben Golliver

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said Tuesday that he would consider drafting Baylor’s Brittney Griner in the second round of the 2013 draft or including the three-time first-team All-American center on his organization’s Summer League roster.

ESPNDallas.com reports that Cuban has apparently given the idea some serious consideration.
“If she is the best on the board, I will take her,” Cuban said before the Mavs’ Tuesday night game against the Los Angeles Lakers. “I’ve thought about it. I’ve thought about it already. Would I do it? Right now, I’d lean toward yes, just to see if she can do it. You never know unless you give somebody a chance, and it’s not like the likelihood of any late-50s draft pick has a good chance of making it.”
“She’d still have to make the team,” Cuban said. “I’m not going to carry her just to carry her. I don’t think, anyways. But I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to giving her the opportunity.”

Rest of the story: The Point Forward - SI.com

"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton