View Single Post
Old 04-02-13, 01:44 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabspur View Post
I would say that there is pretty much no hope, either way. But certainly a much better chance with Manu to advance to the WCF than without. Without, they stand a very good chance of going out in the first round. Trust me when I say this in all certainty and knowing, or don't. But I do know this to be true- The FO, the coaching staff, the team docs, the trainers, and the league, all know the Spurs are at least a threat if Manu is healthy. That is why the Spurs are doing what they are in terms of his rehab for the type of tear he has. He does not have a 4 week injury. But, they are doing whatever they can to make him ready for the playoffs. They also knew that they were not going to be abel to acquire the assets they needed with the ones they currently have. Which is why we are still playing with the team we have. Don't throw value money at bad money, so they were not going to make a bad trade that cap straps them. Balancing the team and the cap are what they do best. The Spurs have done an incredible job making guys like Green and Neal good players. They also have guys like Bonner, because they need to round out the team. He is a great team mate, and has one single particular asset. Which happens to be as good as any big man in the league. Trouble is, that alone will not translate into any help come most games, and certainly never a playoff game. So, I guess the long way around to the main point, Manu is a key to them in the playoffs. He doesn't need to average 15-18. He needs to make plays, be an end of the game option, do the little things he always has, bring the competitive presence, give a second threat to Tony in crunch time, and yes, probably be the back up point guard when it comes down to it. The FO not only thinks that, they know it. And they seem to be pretty spot on most of the time.
I would say you are dead on there.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.