View Single Post
Old 03-31-13, 11:15 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

I think some can see the Elephant in the room somtimes with the O late in games.

The more I watch and it becomes a pattern and has been for a while, the O gets stagnant and to be honest the ISO and running the clock way down to get a bad shot gets old! I don't know if they are capable of much more but honestly that part really scares me with the playoffs coming up and this being a real pattern. The other night they said they had 2 FG in the last 7 mins against the Clippers! Then Tim made that big shot! That is not going to happen that often if the O can't get creative and free up a good shot or clear the lane out. Put a bigger guy on Tony or cut that head of the snake off and the O just gets flat out stagnant and sputters (I am sure alot of teams notice that and use it against us).

I do not know what can change in 9 games or how they can do it, but the ISO late with a minute to go is really bad and very predictable and you can almost call the outcome of a series or two (I will be in the chat and say ISO here and miss coming up and other team gets the ball back, then it happens) This game upset me today and I thought others would like to share their thoughts on that or see a solution they could go to? I guess that is up to POP but as of now this O is easy to stop late and they just sputter and with the playoffs that could get worse. You can point out today as an example again or the other night or the night before etc., it is a pattern now and a glaring problem.

I had to vent some after this loss and calming down made me want to ask others about this and what they see or what can be done to offset this Iso crap! This is not the way the Spurs used to win games down the stretch and for sure will not get it done this year. If the Spurs have a big enough lead they just seem to hold on like the other Night against Denver when they were choking it away, Clippers they did the same but they had leads and it just dwindles and then gets down to a last shot to win or lose! I wish they would build a better lead late and hold on some or make a BUCKET down the stretch for Gods sakes lol. Is Coaching a problem here? Tony not good enough late? Plays drawn up? Why not Set O? Puzzling at times and they look lost.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 03-31-13 at 11:18 PM.