View Single Post
Old 03-26-13, 02:39 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
I understand that basketball is a game of situations, matchups, tendencies, etc but I agree. If you are gonna give the keys to the car to Tony, give it to him all the time. You turned the offense over to him and he has responded every year. This is not a one year thing. This metamorphosis of the Spurs has been taking place over the last 3-4 years.

We've heard the stories of the Summer sitdowns between Pop and Tony and how Pop chides him about how real superstars are consistent. You can't be a one year wonder. Work on your game! You're the "new" face of the franchise! Etc, etc.

Give him the ball and trust that your chiding has paid off Pop. Tony is like a son to you. Trust that you've raised a good young man and let him go. Not just in the first 3 1/2 qtrs but in the last 5 minutes as well.
The times I remember him with the ball in his hand late were the OKC game where he hit the winner and the game against Cleveland where he opened up the side for Kawhis game winner, two times I remember good things happening.

You get a horrible shot drawn up with little time and they have to force up a shot (Tim or Manu) it usually doesn't turn out good. I hate the last possessions at times, they look horrible.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.