View Single Post
Old 03-26-13, 11:23 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Sounds like last year, like I've been saying all year since. Why didn't Tony have the ball for that last possession? Why is your 4th best player (Manu), who really has been prone to turnovers and not shooting well, running that possession?
I understand that basketball is a game of situations, matchups, tendencies, etc but I agree. If you are gonna give the keys to the car to Tony, give it to him all the time. You turned the offense over to him and he has responded every year. This is not a one year thing. This metamorphosis of the Spurs has been taking place over the last 3-4 years.

We've heard the stories of the Summer sitdowns between Pop and Tony and how Pop chides him about how real superstars are consistent. You can't be a one year wonder. Work on your game! You're the "new" face of the franchise! Etc, etc.

Give him the ball and trust that your chiding has paid off Pop. Tony is like a son to you. Trust that you've raised a good young man and let him go. Not just in the first 3 1/2 qtrs but in the last 5 minutes as well.