View Single Post
Old 03-10-13, 01:52 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
in 2005, these were the final scores for the "defensive minded" Spurs during the end of the season:

125-124 W over LAC
136-134 W over GS

did that hinder any of the strategy. blowouts are bad, but they can also motivate a team. "the perfection of a season's worth of strategy and execution" doesn't hinge on one horrible game. many on this board are acting like one 30 point blowout vs. the Blazers (who have given us trouble in the past, this time without our MVP PG to match their ROY PG) means the Spurs are in for a disappointment in the playoffs, prematurely jumping off the championship bandwagon or trying a reverse jinx of some sort. either way, buying into one bad game is premature.

Miami is on a roll, but that doesn't mean they won't run out of gas in the playoffs. with how Lebron's had to play, you can almost guarantee they will.
Yes you mention both wins, but yes the D was bad on those nights no doubt! O was great though loolllllllllll! Good O from us then on those off D nights. This is 05 you speak of, Manu on a different level and Timmay still well in his prime, hurt ankles or not he was still on an elite level! I do not compare 05 at all to this year, this team is not elite like that one was! This team is very good but not one guy in their prime sides Tony (Kawhi is not yet), but he is hurt.

I wish this ends the same way, but doubt it as a serious fan who doesn't think the Spurs will win it all. Jose I got love for you, but last year before the year you said the Spurs title run was done as well and now this year after the late run last year you feel we can win it all again, may I ask why? I love the Spurs but I don't see them winning another title in the Tim ERA personally and I hate to say that I feel they will go far again only to fall short in the end! We won 20 straight last year, stars aligned! We had it! Then BOOM! That roof fell in on us.

BTW Wade has picked it up ALOT the last month or so! Lebron on a HUGE roll but man seriously he is still young! Why do you think they will just run outta gas with the weak ass East? I think they will blow through that personally.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 03-10-13 at 01:56 AM.