View Single Post
Old 03-05-13, 03:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezsr View Post
ummmmm timmy is far from an excellent outlet passer. nothing is clouding my vision. for the 1 or 2 times he actually connects on those long baseball outlet passes he throws away 5 to 6 of them. Its not worth the risk. I have even seen him throw semi-long ones to dejuan blair a few times at half court. asking dejuan to dribble from halfcourt on fastbreaks is never a good idea. He needs to just stick to the shorter safe passes. Also, Duncan and Ginobili have already proven that their offensive game is not even close to what it used to be. Too many fall away off balance shots. Timmy should not tet the ball on the block much anymore. Teams know this and dont need to double team. Gino is not clutch anymore and is not a dominant scorer. Couple that with putting a big guard on TP and the Spurs are toast in the playoffs. So yes, at this point while TP is out i think K.L. should get the ball more. He is going to be the key to going anywhere in the playoffs the next two yrs. He needs the next month to develop confidence if the Spurs are going to have a shot at winning it all. Not saying he is going to crush it but this is a good time to see what he has on a consistent night in night out basis.
Too say Manu is not clutch anymore is a sin rookie! Maybe he hasnt been on the level we're accustomed to seeing him play, but he's getting there. He needs time and time he has so before you write him off, wait and see. If he's healthy and TP comes back in full stride, this team will win #5. Yes, the next month is crucial not only for KL, but also for Green and Splitter to boost their confidence even more so they all produce like they did prior to the OKC series. Those three have all improved this year, but need to do so even more in Tony's absense. Im surprised that there hasnt been enough talk about Neal forgetting how to put the ball in the hoop. His shooting has been flat out abysmal this season compared to the 2 previous seasons. Going forward I am most interested in seeing the competition between the pgs (Mills, De Colo and Joseph - Neal not included for obvious reasons) for the backup position. As long as the backup is not Neal, our PG rotation is vastly improved. I like all the three for different GAME situations

- Confucius