View Single Post
Old 03-03-13, 01:37 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom32x4 View Post
I know people here don't seem to like Simmons, but he is by far and away my favorite sports writer. His "Book of Basketball" is a great read, his first edition had TD at #7 all time. His entries and TD and Robinson capture the players perfectly. His what-if with Robinson is fascinating...Elliot was never a better NBA player than Glen Rice, SA drafted Elliot instead of Rice, what if Rice's 20+ pts a game were paired with D-Rob? Also...he selected Popovich circa 07' as his vintage team coach.
Some don't like Simmons for one or two things he said before or even last year, but he always gives the Spurs their props in the end and seems to have a love for what they have done! He is to me at times off base and wrong but sometimes just dead on and one of the best out there by FAR! He started off bad with me when he said Tim Duncan never had a dominant run in the playoffs to make him amongst the elite (He said 99 was a short year so it's not a true run), then later in 03 said TIM DUNCAN welcome to the pantheon! He gave props later after Tims run and said it was one of the best but before that pissed me off discounting 99 so I hated him at first to say the least.

He is a great writer and a fan of the game, even if he pisses some off at times he is good.

BTW TONY #2!!!!!!! HMMMMMMMMM TAKE That TONY haters, he is a bargain! Great article and man him being #2 fits, he spite being hurt now is a great deal and definitely a bargain.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 03-03-13 at 02:03 AM.