View Single Post
Old 03-02-13, 01:04 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
At the top of my head I can list a few guys that were overpaid and gave us NOTHING, NOTHING while with the Spurs. I didn't hear u speaking money when they were with us. U speak money now about Manu with all the gains Spurs have recieved from a commercial standpoint alone?
Hedo
Jefferson
Mason Jr
Diaw
Bonner
Bogans
Mahinmi
Vaughn
Tolliver
Udoka
And we call ourselves a classy fanbase...I think we r more likely an amnesiac bunch.
I did not speak at all of Jefferson, never liked the dude and didn't care if he made a penny a game I wanted him off the team. Hedo? I was pissed they let Jax go and skimped on the offer to him! That alone pissed me off and Hedon't we won't go there either. The others made money but not near what Manu is making, Bonner? You don't hear me diss Bonner? I do speak on that and often. Ian, Bogans, Vaughn, Tolliver etc. did not make much money, they were overpaid because they were bad here in a sense but they hardly broke the bank.

I like Manu and said he would get a good contract out of respect for what he has done for the organization, overpaid for his play now but thats what you get when you have flat out given your all for a team and you deserve all the respect and money they give you. I want him back here, just hope he has some left in his tank by the time we get to the playoffs! He brought it quite a few games last year, no doubt he will again.

I hope his free throws improve at the end of the games and I know they will, just hope he stops the crazy threes out of the flow of the game because that Manu makes me cringe (When he is off anyways, no need to force the issue there). Other than that he is Manu and I hope to see 75% of the old Manu in the playoffs, hell that would be enough to get us alot further because lets be honest if he is not there for a run we are not really going to go anywhere relying on Green or Neal at the end of games!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.