View Single Post
Old 03-01-13, 02:56 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Oberto! View Post
Many times since the last championship Manu was the star of the team and the team didn't follow. Either Pop didn't follow, taking bad decisions, either the team didn't follow, not playing at the height of the heart he was putting in playoff time (I'm talking of years '08, '09, '10, '11). Then there were also a couple of injuries. But unfortunately many times he was being a freaking star, the conditions around him didn't highlight this. (And it's such a shame that he didn't get that '05 Playoffs MVP which he deserved, just because it's the "finals" MVP and no the "Playoffs" MVP. As he was the motor of that team). Today everyone talks about Tony's team. Maybe this time that Manu is not at his great level but the team is better, he will suddenly appears on the playoffs, let's hope.
Even with all the fan love and the Kobe's statements, Manu hasn't received the recognition he deserves for his career in the NBA.
Are you talking about playing those years you mention with heart? He missed the 09 playoffs totally so that year should be out and 011 he was hurt against Memphis as we all know but he tried hard so I give him that (He was great for the broken bone and I still can't believe he played). I agree he was lights out in 05 as well, he could have easily been Finals MVP. Do not sleep on what Tim did that year though, he was still in his prime although with two bad ankles he still suited up and helped them win that title. Manu is not as great as you said now but the team is very good around him, lets just hope he can make some clutch shots or FT's in a playoff run and play a little like the Manu we knew! I don't like the one that sits outside and settles for ugly threes that don't come close to going in, thats the one I fear seeing nowadays because he can't drive like he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
At the beginning of the year I was fine with resigning Manu at the end of the season for 6-8 million per year, but now, I think that is way too much for what he brings. He can't consistently bring his 'A' game, try as he might. Of course, I noticed this 2 years ago and got called a Manu Hater.
No you are not a hater, you just tell it like you see it there and yes he is fading and no he is not worth 8 mill a year. I feel he will get a good contract out of respect and what he has done for the organization, but for his current play that is overpaid.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 03-01-13 at 02:59 PM.