View Single Post
Old 02-13-13, 11:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
im not that happy with the idea of trade the only natural SF other than kawhi... people says "hey green can play SF, manu can..." but that was the wear that sidelined both when kawhi and sjax was out... can you imagine only ONE (second year 21yo) SF against the top contenders who happends to have the 1 and 2 options for league MVP (lebron, durant)... the clippers had caron butler mat barnes and even grant hill to throw at kawhi... we REALLY need more than one real SF... you can say "ohh spurs defense is help defense" ...but anyway... this constant helping can lead to injury to our top (but fragile) SG or our best defender at SG... and that already happened..

sjax is slow, and having not so good numbers, but has the veteran savy and the "huevos" to go down swinging.. and i believe he still has some sparks from the past, no one can take him from granted and forget defend him... who in D league, free agency, etc, can replace him this year if traded?
This is why I think Splitter should be included in a Jefferson trade...to bring back a SF replacement either from Utah or a 3rd or 4th team. Holding his restricted rights should have some value for the off season as a team can go over cap to re-sign him. As has been stated by others, I am impressed with Splitter's development and if we can't bring in another big man I won't be too disappointed, but watching the Spurs offense shut down in the loss to OKC in the playoffs last year as they cut off passing lanes and contested the 3 has burned into my memory. Maybe Green and Leonard have been hardened enough by the experience to step up and hit their shots. Maybe Splitter has developed enough not to get yanked by Pop after folding. If the Spurs don't make a move then that is what we will have to hope for.