View Single Post
Old 02-12-13, 10:28 AM
SR Team Goof

What gives me pause and makes my heart flutter at the same time is how RC, Pop and their staff can see untapped talent out there that nobody else can……….and we’ve got these guys working for the Spurs. Take George Hill, for instance. I had never heard of him but given time against NBA talent, he’s become a force to be reckoned with, both offensively and defensively. Long arms!! And take Kawhi --- again, a sophomore out of college and draft eligible. He was probably at the top of the Spurs draft list but who is he? The Spurs knew that much about him that they had to sacrifice Hill to get him. I now know that was a big pill to swallow given Hills statistics with the Pacers. But with Kawhi, he’s immediately put against future Hall of Fame players to defend and handles himself quite nicely. And he’s still learning. And his offense --- deadly at the mid-range, can knife through a crowd for a dunk and has a lethal 3 point shot? Gadszooks!! If Kawhi is said to be a raw talent, a diamond in the rough say, the league better watch out when the polished version emerges and presents itself. And he’s wearing silver and black too. Bless my lucky stars.