View Single Post
Old 02-10-13, 06:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
it was to prolong his career so Tiago can play his game, along with Blair. if he can't back down anymore and the other guys can't shoot, he'd be forced to retire. he has to be effective and that also means the other guys have to be able to play with him.

it doesn't matter if we give them Tiago for the future if Jefferson is the better player right now. our mission is to win another title with Duncan, not win another title in 10 years. if we meet the Jazz in the playoffs, it'll be Tiago vs. Jefferson in the post and there's no question about who'd win that one.

there's no bad trade for the Spurs if we get Jefferson back.

i only said Manu because he's been injured the majority of the time.
I don't think this team could win in the playoffs without Manu because when Parker sits, the offense is downright awful. That is fine in the regular season when you are playing scrub teams night after night, but against the best in the league, the Spurs can't afford to have the offense got to crap for the 10 minutes Parker needs to rest. If, and that is a big hypothetical IF, the Spurs were to trade Manu, they would have to get back someone who could run the offense when Parker sits.

Excuse me, I have to go vomit now after even entertaining the hypothetical suggestion that the Spurs trade Manu.