View Single Post
Old 02-04-13, 12:48 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No Trade?

Mitch Kupchak flatly said that the Los Angeles Lakers will not trade Dwight Howard ahead of the February deadline. Kupchak also seemed to imply that Pau Gasol, who has been a subject of trade rumors, will not be traded though he didn't mention him by name.

"We will not make a trade. We will not trade Dwight Howard. We have no intention of making a trade. It's unlikely that we'll make any trade with any of our principal players. To make another change at this time of the year being behind the eight-ball like we are, I think that would just make it more difficult. The talent is there. We have to find our way."

The Lakers fired Mike Brown after a 1-4 start and eventually settled on Mike D'Antoni, who has been responsible for mixed results.

"We're very happy with Mike D'Antoni," Kupchak said. "I think when he took the job I think he thought Nash [fractured left leg] might be out a week or two. Not two months. Getting everybody on the same page took a little longer than expected. Not to say it's been smooth sailing, that's for sure."

Steven Marcus/Newsday