View Single Post
Old 01-25-13, 10:12 PM
SR Team Goof

LeBron James tackles fan to celebrate $75,000 half-court shot

A fan named Michael Drysch nailed a half-court hook shot during Friday’s game between the Pistons and Heat in Miami, winning $75,000 and the right to be tackled by NBA MVP LeBron James in celebration.

The right hand hook shot swished straight in, earning an ovation from the AmericanAirlines Arena crowd and a bear hug from James that sent the two of them tumbling to the ground with excitement.

The $75,000 shot was sponsored by LeBronJames.com and Carmex, according to Fox Sports Florida. The Miami Herald reported that Drysch, 50, is a Bulls fan.
ESPN.com reported more from Drysch’s post-shot reaction.
“It’s a great way to meet somebody like that,” Drysch said, as he was presented the oversized check. “I had no idea he was coming over to me like that. That was amazing. What a great feeling to experience something like this.”

“They told me to put some spin on the ball, and get it up there as high as I could,” Drysch said. “I had made that shot something like 1 percent of the time in my life.”
The Heat beat the Pistons 110-88, improving to 28-12 on the season. James finished with 23 points, seven rebounds, seven assists and one steal in 33 minutes.

The Point Forward - SI.com
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton