View Single Post
Old 01-24-13, 10:52 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
yes Uwe, he takes shot after shot, but (99.9% of the time) they have a ball boy or a teammate pass him the ball straight away giving him a chest pass. he doesn't have to reach for it. i'm not saying he'd win either, that's exactly the point why i think he shouldn't be in it. his shot isn't made for the contest. as a top 3 point shooter, he'd likely embarrass himself and miss the majority of the shots. i don't like the guy's game on the floor, but i'm not heartless enough to see him get embarrassed on national tv.

look at that vid and tell me if any of those guys stay stationary in their position while grabbing a ball and shooting the rock.

Bonner is way more dependent on his overall form than those guys because they can recover to their true form in the air because they use their legs. Bonner doesn't come close to using his legs.
Again, you're assuming that Bonner HAS to keep his legs on the floor to make a shot, which isn't the case. Yes, the other shooters move their feet, but they aren't running to the ball, they are shuffling their feet in the same space. Much different. Bonner actually does that about half his shots too. In that same video, Boobie Gibson is what you would call a traditional shooter and he did horrible. If you want to argue about a guy who would have done horrible in the three point shootout, look at Bruce Bowen's shot. He literally had to wind up for each shot.