View Single Post
Old 01-24-13, 01:17 PM
SR Team Goof

JaVale McGee with off-the-backboard alley-oop to himself

alh1020: Well,I have to admit, this one was creative and didn't end up on the blooper reel.

Kurt Helin
Jan 24, 2013, 9:24 AM EST

George Karl has his moments of frustration with JaVale McGee, but he also sees the potential. McGee is a guy capable of making a highlight play every time he touches the ball — sometimes those highlights end up on “Shaqtin’ a Fool,” sometimes on the SportsCenter top 10.

This is one of the good ones — he stops on a dime, goes under Omer Asik, which creates space enough to pass off the backboard to himself for the alley-oop. (By the way, it seems to come up in a comment/email every time there is one of these off-the-backboard passes — it is legal. The NBA rulebook specifically addresses how you can pass off the backboard to yourself. Seriously. Go look it up.)

Related link: Ricky Rubio was benched in fourth quarter, didn?t like that | ProBasketballTalk
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton