View Single Post
Old 01-23-13, 04:03 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
being from Arizona, i totally agree with you. D'Antoni's systems have allows been dependent on a pass first PG and an athletic big man. The Lakers have that, but they also have Kobe.

if you check out the article (yes cheap plug), check the stats from the Phoenix and this year's Lakers that make sense and you'll know exactly what's the problem. this isn't Nash or D'Antoni's team until Kobe stops taking too many shots. when he takes around 20+ or so, they lose. there's no ball movement at all.

If Mike Brown would've ditched the Princeton Offense and gone with a traditional offense (i.e. 5 Down, a Kobe play, and an occasional pick and roll with Nash) it would've worked. this team can't work in a Suns style where everyone shares the ball.
This is why I've been saying Kobe should be coming off the bench. Run the SSOL with Nash for the first 6 minutes, bring in Kobe with the first substitution and run Nash and Kobe together for 3 more minutes until Nash sits. Then close out the last 6 minutes of the half with Kobe and Nash.

The Lakers two biggest problems on offense are a lack of depth and the need for both their guards to have the ball in their hands at all times.

***Please note that I fully take credit for this strategy as I have never seen any coach separate their ball needy all-star/future HOF guards in this manner. From hence forth this completely original tactic should be known as the 'b1gdon offense'.

Last edited by b1gdon; 01-23-13 at 04:05 AM.