Thread: Melo Out!
View Single Post
Old 01-19-13, 06:13 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Team Players?

The All-Star starters will not be announced officially for a couple of hours, but Kevin Garnett already knows he will, at the very least, be on the Eastern Conference team.

Which means sharing a dressing room with Carmelo Anthony, the Knick forward with whom he had to be separated during and after the Celts' visit to New York earlier this month.

But KG said today he doesn’t expect any problems.

"From my understanding, me and Melo are fine," said Garnett, who will take on the Knicks next Thursday in Boston. "I don't anticipate any friction. You know, I'm a man; he's a man. I don’t think that situation will boil over into this and spoil the All-Star weekend. I think we're much more professional than that.

"But you never know. I'm just speaking from my perspective, but I don’t anticipate that. We're both going there to enjoy the game. That's pretty much what it is."

Garnett and Anthony were assessed a double technical during the Celts' win in New York on January 7, with the latter seeking to confront KG after the game for comments he believed were out of line.

Steve Bulpett/Boston Herald