View Single Post
Old 01-09-13, 01:01 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
compare the NBA that Rose competed in to the NBA that Blair competes in, WAY different. fewer bigs who were athletic and were versatile back then, now it's the norm. Jax's situation was different too. the Spurs wanted him for years and it was to the point RJ was stinking up the joint that they'd gamble on Jackson.

i mentioned his knees, but you're misunderstanding what i meant by them. when the Spurs drafted Blair, it was to experiment to see if he could bring his college potential to the NBA. now we've seen that he's brought mostly what he will to the league, with no problems to his knees, so he's reached his ceiling as far as potential impact will go. Phoenix is over the cap right now and will have around $6 million or so next year to work with, about close to the mid-level exception money, so they don't have a lot to work with (especially if they try to trade for Rudy Gay, that'll leave their cap situation worse because one player will be taking up more money for others).

no they wouldn't audition him to keep him next year, that's the whole thing with Sarver. look at the team he has now. he wants at least one person to sell tickets (i.e. Nash last year by himself) and keep everyone cheap. look at the Suns' roster, their main players (Dragic, Gortat) are all under $8 million a year). this guy has a ton of money, he just doesn't want to spend it. it's better to look at it this way: if Blair goes to Phoenix and impresses, he'd probably be worth $5-6 mill a year (with their system, he'd inflate his worth) next year. Sarver would rather take his chances on signing someone like Blair in the offseason for the minimum and then low ball him if he outplays his contract (Joe Johnson situation). if he doesn't get a guy like Blair, he can draft a second rounder with no guaranteed deal for multiple years at cheap to produce the same as Blair or an over the hill vet for the same contract (ex. Jermaine O'Neal). he'd rather keep the pick and cheap contracts.

The NBA has changed but you can say that every decade. I guess Larry Bird in his prime would average 5 points a game today huh? Anyways Phoenix is not OVER the cap they are way Under the cap right now. They are under almost 6.5 million right now not next year. It will increase this summer with free agents. Don't trust me? Look it up. I thought the Spurs didn't want SJax for years according to yourself?? Oh wait, I live in the SA metro area so my intel was better than yours. Like I said you know Sarver best. I give you that and not questioning your insight since you live there. He decided to give Josh Childress tons of money but declined to give it to Amare or JJ. I get that. This guy makes bad moves. AGREE? This is a small simple trade idea. Rebuilding teams normally do not hold older role vet players all year long. To me the Suns should move O'Neal for younger talent.