View Single Post
Old 01-08-13, 02:39 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Mayor Michael Bloomberg admits to pushing Spurs’ Stephen Jackson!!

Mayor Michael Bloomberg admits to pushing Spurs’ Stephen Jackson

LINK

It may be one of the more improbable confrontations in sports, but New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg conceded on Monday to shoving San Antonio Spurs swingman Stephen Jackson in the first quarter of the New York Knicks’ rout of the Spurs last week.

Speaking from the Bronx on Monday about the city school system, Bloomberg said that Jackson came too close to a waitress who had her back to the court while squatted in front of the Mayor to serve him a drink. According to David Seifman of The New York Post, Bloomberg dismissed the idea that Jackson tripped over the waitress: READ that NY Post article from this link

Quote:
“He didn’t fall on her. He came close and I just pushed him a little bit.”
Jackson ended up rolling his ankle after the fall but reports are that he’s fine, although he sat out the rest of the game as well as the one two nights later against the Philadelphia 76ers. He returned to action Monday night, logging 18 minutes in the win over the New Orleans Hornets.

The incident prompted Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich to call it a “mayoral mishap” but said in all seriousness that it is his hope it will prompt the league to overhaul its concessions policies.

Quote:
“It’s something that is a concern for all of us, obviously. It seems logical that while the play is going on you try to order a little less beer and when the plays stops, order whatever you want. While the play is going on, it would be nice to have all the lanes free.”
I asked them if it wasn't too much trouble, if I wasn't being too pushy, if they could execute what we were trying to do. And if it didn't make them too angry, if they also wanted to play some defense on the other end, that would be great.
--Gregg Popovich!