View Single Post
Old 12-10-12, 10:32 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Good playoff defense will not let the 3pt shooters get open shots. He's not a "shoot under duress" kind of player. Put him on this team in 03 and 05 and you'd probably see different numbers, because TD was TD and Manu was Manu, plus the threat of TP. Remember, Bowen wasn't a "shoot under duress" guy either, but he sure did have a lot of wide open shots. Now, it's just TP and everyone else that can be guarded easily.
Bowen hit a then record 7 threes for the Spurs in a game against LA game two, wide open or someone running at him he could knock down the three in the playoffs! Bonners % in the playoffs does not lie! It is not good. If he were on the team in 03 or 05 do we win a title? Horry took that 4 spot in 05 and shot a good PCT. so I will leave it there. The rest some of that is correct though, but if you don't have that IT in the playoffs you just do not have it and it's not worth even analyzing over time.

He is what he is, I accept it until he does otherwise. Do expect a better Bonner this year later? NOPE, nor do I want them to have to rely on him doing well, just give him a role like he has had earlier here and just hope he succeeds.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.