View Single Post
Old 12-08-12, 02:08 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
The only reason I used the term ‘bust’ was because Brown was the 1st overall pick in the 2001 draft by Washington, coming out of high school with very impressive stats to earn him that honor. He was drafted ahead of players like Tyson Chandler, Gilbert Arenas, Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson, Zach Randolph and Tony Parker to mention a few. And while he’s been in the league, he has yet to live up to the potential and expectations that all of the teams he’s played for had of him. But teams continue to pay him a salary hoping he will break out someday. That someday has yet to arrive. In my mind, that’s a bust. IMHO.
I think you can go back to the history of top picks and you would find many "busts" that didnt do what was expected of them who were out of the league by their 3rd yr and you have Brown who is still in the league in his 12th season. I think there was only one team that expected alot and that was the team that picked him but it was bad from the start cuz he was very young, the team had no players to lead him, and the FO was bad. You cant put everything on a young player like that. Even thru all that he was still able to help teams as a starter. I dont think the expectations were high when he played for those other teams cuz they already knew what he was able to do. But I dont think we will know how he could of been if he played with a player like Duncan.

Last edited by td4mvp2k; 12-08-12 at 02:10 AM.