View Single Post
Old 11-29-12, 12:28 AM
SR Team Goof

Leonard expects to return for Memphis game

Though he has yet to receive official clearance, second-year small forward Kawhi Leonard said he expects to return from his recent bout with tendinitis for Saturday’s home game against Memphis.

“It’s feeling good,” Leonard said. “I should be back for the next home game. Just waiting day-by-day. I’ve been doing basic stuff, just being on the bike, the elliptical. I’ve definitely lost a little bit. Being in basketball shape, you have to play basketball. I’ve been out about a week, so I’m a little behind. We’ll see when the first game comes.”

Suffering from tendinitis in his left quadriceps, Leonard will miss his seventh game tonight.

He is averaging 11 points and 6.3 rebounds in 28.3 minutes.

Teammate Stephen Jackson, with whom Leonard made an appearance at the Eastside Branch of the Boys & Girls Club on Wednesday afternoon, said he hopes to push up his timetable to return from the non-displaced fracture in the small finger of his right (shooting) hand.

“I feel good,” he said. “I plan on being back before they scheduled me to be back. Sitting here watching is driving me crazy. They’re saying two and a half, three weeks. I’m saying week and a half, two weeks. If they say I need to wait, I’ll take heed to that. But I know how I feel, and I want to get back as soon as I can.”

Jackson has missed four games since fracturing his finger in the first quarter against the Los Angeles Clippers on Nov. 19. He’s averaging 8.0 points in 23.6 minutes.

The Spurs, who complete their six-game road trip tomorrow night in Miami, are 4-0 without both players.

Spurs Nation