View Single Post
Old 11-28-12, 07:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
if we trade for anyone relevant, it's going to take an expiring deal and a big in return. Varajeo is playing too insanely good to even think about trading for him. it would have to take a Ginobili or Parker to have the Cavs think about that. Varejao is more of a pipe dream than anyone we can trade for.

the posts were on a type of Wizards "fire sale" going on with their winless record. they're looking to change their coach, so their players aren't going to come cheap. even Seraphin would cost us a Stephen Jackson or would at least take a bad contract in return to make it work. it's all a pipe dream, but my point was Nene would be the best value to win now even if he earns a lot. he's come back playing very well after his injury, it's the coach's decision to play him limited minutes and games. his injury isn't serious either, heck even Duncan in 06 played at an elite level with that injury.
I disagree about it taking Parker or ginobili to get Varejao. Cle made it clear they want a youth movement so between draft picks and some young pieces would do it. I'd like nene here but he's too much. Varejaos contract is a lot more cap friendly which is in line with what our FO is seeking. Nene would be deviating from the norm and consequently, he's be our highest paid player. We need to realistic. Varejao is playing well now but with his expiring contract and injury history, Cleveland would not get equal in return, thus making it all more vital to offer draft picks in addition to a package of Blair, Joseph, Neal , etc. might be a pipedream but certainly more of a reality than netting Nene who is yet to be healthy for his team

- Confucius