View Single Post
Old 11-01-12, 12:17 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
I'll agree that Houston may not be Washington bad or Charlotte bad, but they're still a bad team and they're not going to make the playoffs this year.

From chron.com
"The Rockets’ starters — Omer Asik, Patrick Patterson, Chandler Parsons, James Harden and Jeremy Lin — have combined to start 98 games, led by the 57 games Parsons started as a rookie."

That is not a squad that will get far in the West. Maybe in two or three years they'll be worth something,but this year? Only if other teams collapse.

And don't forget,those number last night came against a really bad Detroit team. I'll be impressed when he does it consistently against real opponents.
37-6-11 is good against any team but...OK.

However, you don't think it's possible for Houston to beat out Sacramento, Phoenix, Denver, New Orleans, Golden State or Utah for the 8th spot? It's not out of the realm of possibility. And any team that can make it to the playoffs in the West is a good team. Utah was a fairly good team last season until the Spurs dismantled them.

Houston's not a bad team. Put them in the East and I'm fairly confident they make the playoffs there.