View Single Post
Old 10-29-12, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Sam presti is taking the long view here. That means they will be a force to reckon with for years to come with assets acquired in this trade, but makes them slightly less in the correct this year.
the only good thing they acquired was 2 first round picks, but if Houston makes any noise in the playoffs, those won't be good picks at all.

problem they have, in my opinion, is Martin is a FA next year. they're over the cap, so if he walks, that means they're over the cap and won't have significant money. Add to that: Eric Maynor is also going to be a RFA next year and probably won't return.

i think this is more of a money saving type of deal while still drawing some fans in. i do think it killed their title chances because they won't be able to add more pieces. if they would've kept Harden with Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka, you could've used the MLE this year and next year to build a pretty good team to contend.

my 2 cents: i do think Harden is a way better player at his position and on that team than Westbrook is. the Thunder made a huge mistake giving Westbrook a big deal over Harden since Westbrook and Durant's game on the court really don't compliment each other.